How United Madison Helps a Non Profit or Cause:
- We know our organizations that provide service to people in our community have limited budgets, time and staff. There are many services to help support those in need in our community but sometimes they work in competition with each other or there are gaps. Much of the problem also relates to the lack of awareness of the service or little collaboration.
- United Madison acts as a “liaison” to drive businesses to a local non-profit, school, church, governmental agency, or other form of community assistance or outreach organization (“Unity Recipient”) in two ways:
- Working with a business to sponsor a multimedia campaign that highlights the good work and goals of the Unity Recipient who supports our community.
- Assessing the resources (services, volunteering, mentoring, financial resources) and matching them with the needs of the Unity Recipient.
- The Unity Recipient is in a way, “Adopted” by the business sponsor to have direct access to fulfill needs of the Unity Recipient.
How is a church or school involved?
- Students or members could be identified for a give back match coordinated through business sponsor and school or church. This may be coordinated through MADrep or United Way or directly through unique partnership. Example: If a local nearby church has a coordinated effort to fulfill a need to help their aging church members with yard work, business employees may provide the service for them.
- A church congregation or class/school could pool resources of members/students together to sponsor a message that aligns with their goals that includes a logo tag and mention.