PLEASE NOTE THAT UNITED MADISON IS ONLY PROVIDING RESOURCES TO CARE; WE ARE NOT COUNSELORS OR DOCTORS.
1. 911: Call 911 if you or a loved is in immediate danger of hurting themselves or others.
2. Journey Mental Health Dane County Crisis Hotline: 608-280-2600
If you or a loved one is in a mental health crisis, call the 24/7 number above and they provide non-judgmental guidance on how to handle the situation and where to turn for help. They will help anyone who calls, regardless of their insurance status.
· Learn about emergency services provided by Journey Mental Health: www.journeymhc.org/emergency-services
3. National Suicide Prevention 24/7 Hotline: 800-273-8255
4. 24/7 CRISIS TEXT LINE: Text CONNECT to 741741 www.crisistextline.org/textline
5. Addiction Recovery Hotline: Dial “211” and select number “3” The Addiction Recovery Hotline is accessed through United Way’s 211 center. The United Way 211 center provides information to many social service providers in the local area. Simply dial “211”, then #3.
6. SOAR: 608-244-5077
Call SOAR to reach a caring professional who can provide aid when in need of someone to talk to, but it is not an immediate crisis. Please note, you may need to leave a message for the staff member to get back to you if they are helping another individual.
7. NAMI Dane County: www.namidanecounty.org Phone: 608-249-7188
The mission of NAMI Dane County is to provide education, support, and advocacy for people affected by mental illness in Dane County. NAMI programs should not be used to replace specialized training and professional judgment of mental health professionals. They cannot, and do not, assume the role of a physician or therapist.
8. Mt. Zion Baptist Church: www.mtzlife.com Phone: 608.255.5270
Mt. Zion Baptist Church is teaming up with Anesis Therapy to provide free services and tackle the mental health stigma in the black community. The free counseling kicks off 10/6/20 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. The services will be offered each week on Tuesdays at the same time.
· If you do not have insurance, but need mental health care, Recovery Dane can help you: 608-237-1661
Click this button to get information on how to NAVIGATE finding the help you or a loved one needs: